Instant 50
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powered by DOL

PortalHomeLog inRegisterLatest imagesSearch

What is an alliance? -short humorous take-

Go down 
+3
Surmm
FinalFury
leeshis0019
7 posters
AuthorMessage
leeshis0019

What is an alliance? -short humorous take- Empty
PostSubject: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:30 pm

An unfathomable calamity of which can never be proven without evidence of direct consent by all parties involved to completely ignore an individual with the understanding that that individual will do the same while also assisting them when capable.

I do not quite understand the alliance rule. I've NEVER been penalized for allying (assuming I ever have) and I doubt anyone will ever be properly penalized. I'm tired of people calling out in broadcast "Allying whore!" or something else. Sometimes I just help a duo because I really hate healers that mess me. More often than not I will help kill someone and ignore the other person afterwards simply because I don't care. This isn't allying...it's random human will.

So stop crying about allying.
Back to top Go down
FinalFury

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:37 am

Allying on a PvP server has always been a QQ rule. I only enforce when I see somebody explicitly allying. Like I see the same 3 people over and over and over and over. Another form of allying is people standing around in Goth not killing each other, then gang-banging the person who tries to kill somebody. It happens a lot on shards that are dieing.
Back to top Go down
Surmm

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:38 am

Its happening in this server too ,when no GMs on ppl duelling in middle and gang bang evry one who dare to interupt them
Back to top Go down
leeshis0019

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:12 am

Sure...the dueling in the middle happens a lot. And I think that's not as big a problem until you get to a certain time of the day/night and people are just bored of running around farming RP's.

The point of the thread was to get across that there really needs to be a set idea of what allying is rather than making it up as you go along. I see allying all the time. Based on the rule I saw last night (that isn't in the rules and needs to be....) I have to attack absolutely everyone that adds onto my fights or I'm allying. How the hell is that fair at all? I CHOOSE whether or not I want to fight somebody because I'm not a retard. Not going to start a fight I know I'm going to lose. According to the rules, however, that's exactly what I need to do.

And apparently breaking CC on somebody is allying. Can't I just say that for a split second I thought about fighting them then I decided not to? Pretty easy to get around the rule itself. I could just slam the person, hit them once then turn tail and run making an attempt at a dog and pony show.
Back to top Go down
Werewolf
Admin
Admin
Werewolf

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:17 pm

You choose to do what you want, and if its any form of allying yes its wrong how about that? Is that clear enough for you? Is it clear enough to you that if you ally in any way shape or form its wrong? And please don't tell me you don't know what allieing is and are not sure, because clearly your not stupid....
Back to top Go down
Werewolf
Admin
Admin
Werewolf

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:29 pm

leeshis0019 wrote:
And apparently breaking CC on somebody is allying. Can't I just say that for a split second I thought about fighting them then I decided not to? Pretty easy to get around the rule itself. I could just slam the person, hit them once then turn tail and run making an attempt at a dog and pony show. .
Yes but you wouldn't do that would you, because you don't fight people you know you are going to lose to....oh wait..
leeshis0019 wrote:
I CHOOSE whether or not I want to fight somebody because I'm not a retard. Not going to start a fight I know I'm going to lose
Back to top Go down
leeshis0019

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Werewolf wrote:
leeshis0019 wrote:
And apparently breaking CC on somebody is allying. Can't I just say that for a split second I thought about fighting them then I decided not to? Pretty easy to get around the rule itself. I could just slam the person, hit them once then turn tail and run making an attempt at a dog and pony show. .
Yes but you wouldn't do that would you, because you don't fight people you know you are going to lose to....oh wait..
leeshis0019 wrote:
I CHOOSE whether or not I want to fight somebody because I'm not a retard. Not going to start a fight I know I'm going to lose

When I say I'm not going to start a fight I know I'm going to lose, I mean I'm not going to attack a duo with a Warden and a tank...or someone with a name I recognize that I cannot kill.

However, sometimes when you hit somebody (maybe you've never fought them before) you realize you aren't doing as much damage...or you slam them and miss/fumble too much and you decide to run.

And again...I can see being punished for "allying" with the same people over and over and over (in succession), but being punished and warned for doing it once seems silly. Finalfury said it quite succinctly...you do it over and over and over and it becomes obvious that you're allying then there is a problem.

That would require me consistently allying with the same people.

And I'm not trying to make things difficult. I just really want this put into the rules so I can type /rules and see it there.
Back to top Go down
Werewolf
Admin
Admin
Werewolf

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:56 pm

You get a warning first time, if you don't do it again theres no problem is there, now how difficult was that?
Back to top Go down
Jesstylez

Jesstylez

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Quote :

When I say I'm not going to start a fight I know I'm going to lose, I mean I'm not going to attack a duo with a Warden and a tank...or someone with a name I recognize that I cannot kill.

this system works fine at Eden and noone is qqing about that, if someone adds you HAVE to atk him! additionaly this system stops some adders too, cause some of them know they will loose vs a 2nd/3rd person who is already fighting the one he wants to atk and then they decide not to add.
Back to top Go down
Lance

Lance

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:11 am

Jesstylez wrote:
Quote :

this system works fine at Eden and noone is qqing about that, if someone adds you HAVE to atk him! additionaly this system stops some adders too, cause some of them know they will loose vs a 2nd/3rd person who is already fighting the one he wants to atk and then they decide not to add.

everyone on eden allies a shit ton. the middle is always crammed full of eurobads and the just ally against anyone trying to kill ANYONE
Back to top Go down
Roy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:11 am

to say that there is no allying on Eden is hilarious. unfortunately I lost all of my old frapses.

anyways, my view(s) on alliance is simple, I will set them in example:

NOT alliance example 1:

player 1 runs by duo 1

they don't attack each other

player 1 fights duo 2

duo 2 kills player 1, but duo 2 watched

they're standing around

did duo 2 jump in? no. therefore it's not allying.

NOT alliance example 2:

player 1 and 2 port to tents to duel each other

player 3 catches wind of this and is on a stealther to leach the fight

player 1 and 2 are dueling, and player 3 jumps in

player 1 and 2 stop the duel to kill player 3

player 3 dies

player 1 and 2 continue dueling, until someone dies

is there 1 man standing after the outcome? yes, therefore - no allying here

NOT alliance example 3:

duo 1 and duo 2 engage each other

player 1 attacks duo 2 along with duo 1

(player 1 is on a stealther)

player 1 pulls off the fight when duo 2 is about to die

duo 1 wins but player 1 has already ran and stealthed

UNLESS they spend 5 minutes finding him with stealth lore, it's pointless. if I was a stealther I would want to leach and run and not fight 1v2.

so is it allying that I targeted 1 certain person and didn't want to fight 2? no.

examples of alliance

alliance example 1:

duo 1 hits player 2

player 1 is fighting player 2

player 2 dies

player 1 and duo 1 survive

they do not attack each other after player 2 has died

this is allying for the fact that, this is a PvP server of a 2 group cap, if you hit someone that is not in your group, hit the adder. it is a FREE FOR ALL.

alliance example 2:

player 1 and player 2 duel

players 3, 4, 5, and 6 are watching this duel

player 7 and 8 are on casters and jump on player 1 and 2

players 1-6 all rush 7 and 8, kill them, run back and continue the duel zone

I'm pretty sure a duel server doesn't exist.

alliance example 3:

player 1 is fighting player 2

player 4 attacks player 2 mid-fight of player 1 but no one is grouped

player 2 wins

player 3 is on a support class but heals player 2 while he is fighting player 4

if /player showgroup shows that player 2 and 4 are not grouped? it's allying. you are not grouped, don't help each other. this isn't an RvR server.

now I can understand a guild of 4 being out and PvP'ing running 2 duos and not attacking each other but as I've told everyone, if you don't want to make it seem like allying do not add in on your other mates fights or help them in any sense, you have to worry about your selves. if you 4v2 on a server that has a group cap of 2, you're breaking the rules and you will be punished.

also

my views on the whole allying thing, it's dumb. those are just examples, not 100%. you can prove allying but sometimes people can be allying, and it's extremely hard to prove. me, I think the no allying rule is dumb for the fact that I come from Mordred. people allied there, and spawn-camped daily. Mythic never made it against the rules because it is a PvP server, you're free to do whatever you want (aside from radar/speedhack/exploitng/and over the top insults). sometimes a guild allied with each other to take another guilds relic or to beat them in a group fight because the other guild had higher advantages or just more numbers. I will agree that there is advantages here, a speed 6/Charge tank duo for example, should beat a caster duo ANY day of the week, no excuse. in a 2v2 Charge3 and SoS and speed 6 and mass rupts makes a HUGE difference against that. hence when bodyguard gets implemented it can only be used in 5v5+ (because if you blame a class or ability for losing in a 5v5+, well you're just not good).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is an alliance? -short humorous take-   What is an alliance? -short humorous take- Empty

Back to top Go down

What is an alliance? -short humorous take-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Instant 50 :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: