Instant 50
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powered by DOL

PortalHomeLog inRegisterLatest imagesSearch

Group Heal...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leeshis0019

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Group Heal...   Group Heal... EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm pretty sure people are doing it to save their duo mates hide...port in inside the little safe spot and group heal. Maybe you aren't thinking about it or maybe you are...

Also, the entire group heal idea is killed by the fact that there are so many port in points. Grab a healer (warden probably best) and a tank and it's prime time. Even if the healer dies (usually first since everyone targets it), they can release quickly enough and get back quickly enough to spam group heal as long as the tank can survive 8-12 seconds which is beyond easy unless you've got 4-5 people on you.

Either the radius should be brought down, the heal amount should be brought down or the heal taken out. No doubt people will complain, but there are still single target heals that will heal for more as long as you can see your target.
Back to top Go down
FinalFury

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Heal...   Group Heal... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:53 am

I've never liked the idea of mini safe zones at port ins, but this isn't my server. When you have safe zones in PvP they are far more abused. Two examples:

If you do have safe zones, people will heal from them, run back to them when they die, and use them as leverage. Creating more QQ then needed.

If you don't, everybody QQ's for a day about it, then they learn: There's more then one fucking port. If you're being camped, don't be an idiot and keep going back there.

It's one of my biggest pet peeves that people bitch about spawn camping when they'res 14 other locations to port to.

That's my take on this.
Back to top Go down
leeshis0019

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Heal...   Group Heal... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:04 am

Well the problem isn't really spawn camping. Although, I do see your point I would disagree. It isn't spawn camping when you kill the SAME person over and over....you can sit at a port in point and kill several different people coming in and they might not think it's spawn camping because they only died once and maybe it was coincidence so they port in elsewhere. The people camping, however, still get all those RP's. I've ported in before only to be instantly messed (without the safe spots) before I can't even react.

However, this thread is more about group heals. You brought up a point that I did...healing from safe spots. Hell, there were animists casting turrets from safe-spots last night and I don't even think they got a warning for doing it...just a "Stop doing that!" from a GM.

The biggest issue is that group heal is so easily used with all of the port in points. Again...if you've got a 2v1 and the 1 kills the healer in the duo and starts killing the other guy, the healer can release, buff up then port in either close to where they died or a little bit away and just hit group heal and have their mate healed up in no time. All the while the un-grouped guy suffers just because it's too easy to port back.
Back to top Go down
FinalFury

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Heal...   Group Heal... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:09 am

Well we can't remove group heals because on person cripples themselves by fighting somebody with a healer while not having a healer themselves. I can see where you're coming from, but that's just the benefit of being grouped. If you have real control over the second person, you should be able to pull them away from ports slowly. It sucks but that's just how it is on any PvP server with a port system like ours.

As for the Animist issue, there's not much I can do about it now, but that's something that we can't always see. Sometime we're not watching that area, sometimes we're helping another player. When you see something like that send a tell to a staff member, don't spam it in broad. Not saying you did but if you put the accusation public then they're likely to leave unpunished.
Back to top Go down
leeshis0019

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Heal...   Group Heal... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:17 am

I would venture a guess that 99% of the time the solo isn't the one starting the fight. And the healer could be tucked away somewhere without heavy foot traffic using group heal when necessary.

I did suggest lowering the radius or the amounts they heal rather than taking them out entirely.
Back to top Go down
FinalFury

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Heal...   Group Heal... EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

Well if you started the fight or not, the plus side for grouping is the problem that you point out. Why should we nerf something just because it helps two players beat one? One isn't supposed to beat two in the first place, hence the second is a healer. This is one of the many troubles of playing solo. You have to deal with the duos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Group Heal... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Heal...   Group Heal... Empty

Back to top Go down

Group Heal...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Instant 50 :: Improvements :: Suggestions-
Jump to: